Thursday, June 14, 2012

He Prepares




Scout's motto: Be Prepared!

Yet the Bible says: We can make our plans,
but the LORD determines our steps. (Proverbs 16:9 NLT)

So I think my resolution and personal motto is: He prepares.

I feel like the Lord has been preparing me for all that He has for me and I am so excited! Although nearly all of the plans and expectations I've made have fallen apart, i.e. our plans to go to Thailand this year and our plans to move to Kentucky, I am at peace and loving this season of faith.

My most recent realization of His preparation came to me tonight as I was reflecting on my day...

I had four separate points of connection and conversation with four treasured girl friends of mine today. Now, "old me" would typically feel drained and overwhelmed, having been anxious about each encounter, especially when you add a full day of work, mom stuff, fighting some kind of cold or bug, and only getting 4 hours of sleep last night.

But instead, I felt energized and exhilarated! Every conversation felt natural and effortless. This is a new feeling for me. You see, I used to fret irrationally about what to say or how to say it, constantly stressing over not making a fool of myself and hoping I don't miss a line or cue. Ugh. That is so exhausting and futile!

Instead I am learning to trust the Lord, be myself, and treasure each opportunity to connect with others. What a relief! Especially considering that I know I am called to minister through relationship, particularly in this next season of my life. I am stoked that I am seeing fruit of the Lord's preparations, despite my own preparations failing.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that the Lord is teaching you this now. I too have learned to be more restful in social interaction in this recent season. The Lord gives so much grace.

    He's definitely preparing you for this next season.

    ReplyDelete